Thursday, May 22, 2014

WHAT IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE...?


What would you do if you had to choose between protecting your childhood best friend or protecting yourself?

     Fire erupted in my chest and spread to every limb of my body. I was angry that there were no good options, even angrier that I'd been forced to choose between Logan and Justice in the first place. To everyone at the party and to Justice, it looked like I chose Logan, but in my heart and soul, Justice was my choice. I had to leave with Logan in order to protect Justice.
     "Let's go."
      Smiling, Logan leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Trust me, Baby, we'll take it slow."
     White hot tears pricked my eyes as I watched myself, or someone that resembled me, get into the car. I told myself everything would be okay if we just took it slow.
      My gut told me something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment